Tampa Bay Live Meet Underway
The 87th season of racing at Tampa Bay Downs is underway, running through May 5, 2013. The annual winter/spring meeting features 91 days of thoroughbred racing, highlighted by the Grade II, $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby on Saturday, March 9.
The Tampa race schedule kicks off with Wednesday, Friday and Saturday racing, starting at 12:25 p.m. Eastern Time. Sundays are added to the schedule on December 23 and Thursday racing begins on January 24. The big dates on the Tampa calendar are as follows:
- Saturday, February 2: $250,000 Sam F. Davis Stakes (G3) ; $150,000 Endeavour Stakes (G3); $150,000 Florida Oaks.
- Saturday, February 16: $150,000 Tampa Bay Stakes (G3)
- Saturday, March 9: $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby (G2); $150,000 Hillsborough Stakes (G3)
- Saturday, April 6: Six Florida-bred Stakes worth $450,000
The Tampa exotic wagering menu includes:
- $0.50 Trifectas on all races
- $0.50 Pick 3, Pick 4 and Pick 5
- $0.10 Superfectas on all races
- Two $1 Super Hi-5 pools on the 4th and last race of the day.
Don't miss a minute of the action from the Oldsmar oval with MyRaceBet.com.